Hazelwood Necklace for Eczema

A few weeks ago a friend told me about using hazelwood to help with eczema. Her sister had had great results with it. So I ordered one. I'm desperate!! :)
When the necklace arrived no one had any rashes because I had used to prescription steroid. We originally bought it for Jack, but since his was under control we switched it to Munchkin. (I have nicknames! Check the top bar for who is who.) Hers is usually the worst because it covers more area and flares up more easily. So I bathed her with regular soap and got this:
so I put the necklace on her, wrapped twice around the ankle.
There wasn't much improvement the next day.

She wore it for a week and after a week it looked like this. Still red, but not terrible.
So we took it off Monday to let Jack wear it again. On Thursday her legs looked like this:
These were Munchkin's legs this morning:
I could cry, they look so awful. The pictures really don't do justice. But if you think this is bad you should see her after swimming!

So did it help?

I'm not sure. It certainly didn't cure it. But they have definitely gotten worse since we took it off. So I put it back on her today. On their website some people said they noticed improvement after two weeks. So I'm leaving it on 2 weeks this time. I mean, we already bought it and it certainly isn't hurting her.

Verdict: inconclusive.

Labels: ,