Buzz

This morning Jack woke up at 5 and started on his school work.  He was done by seven.  I, of course, blogged into the late night hours which meant I didn't want to get up til 8:30.  I'm glad he can do most of his work on his own.  What took so long was getting those #$&%%$E$^# pictures off my phone.  That was a really long fake expletive.
I spent most of the day cleaning my house (FINALLY!) and actually got it done!  Mostly.  Okay, half.  But I did get the car port cleaned up so we are no longer the neighborhood eyesore.  My brother in law and nephews from Georgia stopped by for a visit and then we all went to see my sister in law who is out from Ohio.
I don't mind most visitors at my house, but I do struggle with some family members.  They live in giant houses and their kids just aren't used to small spaces like mine.  They get bored easily and chasing chickens doesn't appeal to them for some reason.  I don't get it.  Have you ever seen a chicken running?  HILARIOUS!  What's not to love?  Luckily Lego's are loved by everyone so I didn't have to hate my house long.
While visiting my SIL, Munchkin got her first bee sting right on her thumb!  I've only been stung by wasps, same with Jack, but this was a bee and the stinger was still in.  They are teeny!!  It was barely visible and I wish we could have kept it (nerd) for our insect collection.
We have a sad insect collection.  I've been waiting for our university museum to reopen from a remodel and hoping they would have equipment to buy.  So meanwhile we have some cockroaches, and a wasp, and some kind of black thingy sitting in a jar.  Pathetic.  At least the rock collection is pretty good.
Does anyone else breathe a sigh of relief when their kid is stung the first time and there's no allergic reaction?  I'm still waiting for Tumbleweed to be stung because she's our high risk kid since she has urticaria pigmentosa.  Munchkin had a a little swelling, but mostly just pain.  Poor kid wailed and wailed!  To help Munchkin feel better my in-laws took us to Pizza Pie Cafe.  We also went there with them two weeks ago where we bumped into Jack's kindergarten teacher.  Today we bumped into Munchkin's kindergarten teacher!  Too funny.
Tomorrow if our first free Saturday in months.  Actually, we've only had one, yes, ONE free Saturday since April.
See why I was complaining about the busyness a few days ago?
I keep thinking of all the gardening that needs to be done and the primary stuff to be planned and completed and that I finally have time for those.
And then I think I really just want to drive up to the mountains and wander about with my family.  :)