I Went Off Dairy

I'm more than a little depressed about it.  No ice cream.  No whipped cream.  No creamy cream.
And heaven help me, no cheese!!!

But I'm getting sleep for the first time in over a year.  Take THAT Dr. Jerk who told me she was screaming at night because I spoiled her and to just leave her be.  I actually really like our pediatrician.  But sometimes he's a jerk. ;)

I wasn't going to do it.  I had to go off wheat, dairy, and soy for Jack and I never wanted to do it again.  But then one of my friends had to do it for her new little guy and seeing how little she could eat with the soy reminded me how much I could eat JUST eliminating dairy.  Plus, I didn't know what it was until I tried giving my 1 year old (in 2 days!!!) some milk and saw how much it hurt her.  I had no interest in trying to "figure out" what it was.  Mostly I just love cheese that much.  I eat it daily.  Or I did.

I've had a surprising amount of people ask why I just don't quit nursing her since she's one.  I guess one is the new magic number.
I love nursing.  It's my reward for being pregnant (I HATE pregnancy so much).  My baby also loves it and refuses to give it up.  We're gonna be that weird duo nursing til she's 3.
Some of you thought I was serious, huh?

My consolation is I've lost 2 lbs this week.  Oh, and I'm sleeping.  Kind of a big one.

Labels: ,