When Life Gives You Lemons...


Then you stick it life's exhaust pipe! hahahaha!

Okay, seriously though, when life hands you lemons then you think of someone else. Here's someone to think about.
His name is JD, but most know him as Deeds. Deeds has Autism, Periventricular Leukomalacia (google it), and mild Cerebral Palsy. His parents are hoping to get a service dog for him. Please visit the link above to learn more about how a service dog can help JD.
I first met his mom on the internet and we saw each other at local parties and such. Then we both became pregnant at the same time and really became friends. She developed cardiomyopathy and preeclampsia and shortly thereafter I developed a pericardial effusion (again, you can google those). We ended up having the same cardiologist and even though their due dates were a week apart, little Deeds came 1 month before my oldest daughter (I really need to get some nicknames). I've watched him grow as I've watched her.

When my friend announced JD had autism I was humbled. I often forget how lucky I am to have such healthy children. I can't imagine the fear and pain my friend goes through with her son, but I know her love for him is immeasurable. I also know that having an animal to help JD with his autism or when he has seizures would bring the peace of mind that all parents crave for their kids. I know most of us can't donate a lot, but if you can donate even a little, please consider it. If you look at the donation page you'll see that all the $5 & $10 donations have really helped add up.
Merry Christmas to Deeds and his family!!! I love you guys!

Labels: