2 Days Later (eczema)

Wow! Just look at this!
I promise they are the same legs.
I did a little happy dance when I saw her legs this morning.

Yesterday morning we saw an improvement in Munchkin's legs. They were still red a scaly, but the inflammation had almost disappeared. These are both picture of her right leg (the worst one) taken yesterday morning after a night of nothing but the hazelwood necklace wrapped twice around her right ankle and the usual Eucerin (but we do that every night).









Now, don't rush out and buy a necklace yet. Save some money first and try this:



or something similar. It's pure soap. Nothing but lye and oils.
We've been using Dove on our kids at our doctors advice for 6 years. We've had the most success with it and it was the only soap that didn't aggravate my kid's skin. It wasn't until last week I looked at the ingredients. Holy cow!
I've wanted to try soap making and knew all you really needed was oils and lye. When I saw how much junk was in Dove I got out the castile soap (just oils and lye) I had off the shelf (I make a face wash for myself with it) and used it on my daughter yesterday before church. When she got out of the tub I put Eucerin on as usual and we also kept the necklace on her ankle (wrapped twice) so it was closer to the breakout.


Something worked. This is dramatic! I just don't know why it wasn't this dramatic before, which is why I'm hesitant to give all the credit to hazel wood. Maybe it's the combination of the two.

But here are three days in a row of pictures to really show the improvement. Saturday 24 hours after prescription steroid (small improvement); Sunday after a night (about 14 hours) with hazel wood necklace; Monday 24 hours after pure soap and 36 hours with hazel wood.

Sorry these are posting weird. The middle one is Sunday.

I bought my castile soap at Good Earth a few years ago. It seems expensive, but a little goes a long way. I used about a tablespoon to wash her hair and body. I'd try a small bottle and see if it works (be sure to follow up with Eucerin or another lotion good for eczema). I have also bought some pure bar soap from makers on Etsy. I plan on trying a goats milk soap at some point.
We bought our hazel wood necklace from hazelaid.com. Amazon sells them too, but even with shipping hazelaid was cheaper. We bought the one with hematite beads (maybe it was the magnetism...I have no idea).

So now you have all the info. Caveat Emptor, I am unaffiliated and will make no money from these companies, blah,blah, blah. But if your kids (or you) suffer like mine, please, at least try pure soap if you haven't already. If that hasn't worked, try a necklace. I hope it will work for you too!

Labels: ,