A Lesson on Parenting


I'm going to tell you a story my uncle told me. I really liked it.

Once a man walked into a class and told his class he was going to teach them how to raise their kids. The class sighed in relief. FINALLY! Someone was going to give then the unattainable handbook of instructions for offspring!
He told those on the front row, "I have a box of doughnuts. You may have a doughnut, but if you do, I'm going to smack your hand really hard."
Now, if I was in this class, I'd totally take a doughnut because, well, it's a doughnut!!
So the first person on the row also decided it was worth the slap and took one.
"All right," the teacher said, "Now I'm not going to slap your hand THIS time. But next time I will."
He went to the next person on the row who also took a doughnut.
"All right," the teacher said, "Now I'm not going to slap your hand THIS time. But next time I will."
And so on down the row until all the doughnuts were gone and not a single hand was slapped.
He then said "class dismissed".

And that, my friends, is our parenting lesson for the year.

Labels: