The Greatest Compliment

my baby in my sling
Some women are natural mothers. They're sweet and love babies & children and have really creative ideas for their home and are super patient.
I am not one of those women.
I never liked holding babies until I had my own.
I would make a much better research scientist or college professor. But I value motherhood. I value homemaking. I see many societal & environmental rewards from having one parent taking care of the home and children full time. And after numerous failed attempts at getting my masters degree, I have learned this is where God wants me. And I really do think He knows more than I do. I know everyone (including myself) is happier when I'm here doing the mom thing. So I stay home. And I have spent 6 years learning to like it.
And I've started to love it!
my eldest girl peeking from a window
Today I was telling my husband about taking my girls to the library while their brother was in school and how much I loved talking with my 2 year old and watching her and just being with her.
And then he says to me, "I am so glad to see how much you enjoy our children!" And it's true! I DO enjoy my kids. They are some of my favorite people to be with. I haven't always, so this is a big deal for me!

I felt pretty awesome after that. *big grin*

Labels: