It's Like a Clown Car

This past weekend we had 45 people at our house. 45. I have to admit, I wanted a bigger house that day. Luckily we set up some outside seating so not everyone was in the living room. Still, it was cozy. See how I make it positive? It wasn't cramped, it was cozy!

Because of this get together we took the table out of the kitchen and have since left it in the shed. I love the space! We still have the benches and have a much smaller folding table up right now. It's going to take some rearranging, but I'm hoping to find an eating solution I finally like.

Having spent a day with some of the larger furniture out of my house, I'm remotivated to keep it out. Do I really need 4 bookshelves? I'm keeping the piano :)

I have been thinking about a lot of things lately.
I read a Thomas Jefferson Education and an article called Headgates which have got me thinking a lot about the environment my children are growing up in. These are both very popular are the homeschooling blogs I frequent. I didn't particularly like TJED, but it did motivate me to read more (thus less computer/blogging time) and get better books for my kids. Headgates also had things I didn't agree with, but the overall idea was wonderful! It encourages having a house of order (where have we heard that before?), having children work (and I love how they advise doing it), and limiting toys/entertainment...actually, I think I just want to write some blog posts just about Headgates. It really has me thinking a lot... moving on!

I've been reading a TON of religious books too. I feel like I'm starving for spiritual insight right now.

Our garden is really starting to produce. Next year though I want pole beans. Bush beans just didn't give me enough.

Most of all I'm still thinking about "stuff" and it's role in my life. How much am I letting my things define me? I feel like my self concept revolves around what books I own, the music I listen to, and the way my house is decorated. I want to rid myself of even more!! So I'm kind of in a crisis. Take away the stuff and what's left? Or rather, who is left? Who do I want to be left? I'm trying to figure that out.

Labels: , , ,