Repurposed Sweaters

One of the things I have been busy with (besides my kids and garden) is repurposing fabric. I had/have a lot of projects I was meaning to start and never did. First I made some toddler sundresses out of 2 old sweaters that don't fit anymore.

I cut the sleeves off previously to make some pants. I would have liked to make longies for her cloth diapers, but this is an acrylic sweater, so pants it is!

Then I got one of her sleeveless dresses to use as a pattern for the arm holes.



Next I cut diagonally from the bottom to the arm hole. I don't know why this picture is smaller...
I removed the collar and spent about 15 minutes getting the length right and cutting and recutting the collar.
Next was folding over fabric in the arm holes and sewing that. Then I pinned the collar back on and sewed it. Finally I sewed up the sides. I didn't have to worry about hemming the bottom because I left it intact from the sweater.

She looks adorable in it and I was able to reuse something that didn't fit me right anymore.

Labels: