Seven

Around here we call my 2 year old daughter Gozer (as in the Gozerian). She is the destroyer. He brother was never a toddler. He threw 5 tantrums total up until the age of four. Honestly, he came out of the womb a fully functioning adult, so this is my first experience with toddler behavior. She eats mud, lotion, and chalk. She scratches up grandmas floors with wooden eggs. She produces pens out of thin air and leaves her mark on anything expensive or difficult to clean. Today Gozer had seven complete and total meltdowns.
I don't even know what to write besides that. My day consisted of seven two-year-old meltdowns. The grocery store was the most fun. I was "that mom". The one who couldn't control her child. Who simply stuck her in a cart (because she refused to walk and screamed louder if I dragged her or picked her up) and let her wail and annoy the entire store.
Mr. Small House says God is giving me opportunities to practice prayer. I think I glared at him (even though he's right, I'm sure).
I like the days I feel like an awesome parent. When things work and you feel like you know what you're doing. And some days it's enough just to get through the day without killing someone.