Grandma's Homemade Bread

Today my son said those words that I've been dying to hear:
"mom, can I have a slice of your healthy homemade bread and some of your homemade jam?"
Yes, he said the words "healthy homemade bread"!
Some time I'll have to tell about how I screwed up the tastes of my oldest child through my own negligence and laziness. But today I wanted to share my favorite homemade bread. It's been my and my family's favorite so far and it is my grandmother's bread recipe which makes it extra special.

Grandma's Homemade Bread
4 cups warm water about 110 degrees
1 Tbs. salt
2 Tbs. dry yeast
1/4 cup salad oil
1/2 cup sugar
7 to 9 cups flour

Dissolve yeast in one cup of the warm water, add the sugar
to help the yeast to soften, mix in rest of water then salt
and oil, then flour. Mix into a soft but sticky dough. Knead
for about 10 minutes.
Let raise to double in bulk in a warm place in covered bowl.
Punch down and form into four loaves in greased bread pans.
Let raise again. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

If you decide to make this whole wheat, I strongly recommend adding vital wheat gluten.

Oh and in case you were wondering, the jam I made was Ball freezer jam. The recipe is on the back of any Ball pectin package. It has minimal sugar so you taste more of the fruit. I made strawberry-kiwi a couple of weeks ago. YUM!!!