Towels Bath Rugs

I got these lady bug towels as a wedding present from a very dear friend. I absolutely love them, but they are nearing a decade old and my husband refused to use them anymore so they've been sitting in the closet taking up useful space. At the same time, my bath mats are also getting on in years and their age is beginning to show.



So I combined my lady bugs with a bright green towel also taking up space and created these:
The one on the left has a second layer of towel on the underside. I was thinking it would be better for absorbancy. This didn't work very well as you can see. I simply can't fit all that bulky material under my sewing machine and iot doesn't look right. I am busy unpicking all those stitches now, so don't make that mistake! The one on the right is simply a rectangle of the green towel with strips of the lady bug towel sewn onto it. For easiness, two layers of towel seems to be about the max. For greater details and some other options including cotton sheets, (I adapted mine) I recommend Handmade Home by Amanda Blake Soule. Cute idea, huh?
Now I just have an old white sheet to do something with and I'll have emptied half a shelf in my linen closet!

Labels: