Repurposing

image from here
For the last 2 months we've been working hard at decluttering. Having a third child has really been making us reevaluate our use of space and what we're storing. I had so many unfinished projects and I decided it was time to do something with them or get rid of them. I got rid of many boxes of craft materials but still had lot of fabric and old clothing I couldn't bear to part with.


I recently got the book Handmade Home of Soule Mama from the library. If you are at all crafty, read this book! I love the ideas in it and am going to do some of the projects in it along with some others I found on the web. I'll post what I finish. Hopefully that will further motivate me to stop setting these aside!!

Things I want to repurpose right now: flannel/cotton bathrobe, old towels, tee shirts, sweaters, mens dress shirts, big old jeans that are too big.

The flannel part of the robe is being used to make diaper inserts. I don't know what I'll do with the cotton part yet.

Ideas for the towels:
Bolster pillows - I thought this was a fun idea!
Bath rug - this is from Handmade Home and one of the things I decided to make.
Bath Mitt/dust rag - basically you make the towl into a mitten and go to town.
used for batting on potholders


Men's Dress Shirts
Make into a little girls dress
This one makes a dress and pants out of the sleeves
More sleevey pants and an overall neat website


Sweaters
check out resweater.blogspot.com for an entire blog of things to do with ald sweaters. Love this one!

I'm still working on ideas for tee shirts (my kid needs new pjs...) and the jeans. There's so many things I can do with them I don't know where to start! I'm leaning toward purse or skirt.

Is there something you've repurposed? What ideas do you have?

Labels: ,