Children will listen

I'm blogging a lot lately.  I think it's because of winter or something.  Anyway, I had an absolutely horrible, rotten, grouchy day today.  A truly bad day.  I wont even get into it, though it began with poop on the carpet.  I really do hate carpet and all the nasty chemicals in it, but kids in diapers (or out of their diaper, in this case) just make it that much worse.  I may just rip it up in a fit of second trimester craziness.  If that isn't a digression, I don't know what is. 

Anyway.....

So after yelling at my kids for the umpteenth time I decided I needed to be put in time out.  I just went and lay on my bed.  I was too upset to even cry.  My wonderful 5 year old came in and told he he got baby girl's Duplos out to keep her busy so he could talk to me.  I looked at him wondering what on earth was going to come out of his mouth.  He said, "mom, just remember that Jesus loves you even when you're bad and you yell at us.  He always loves you."  Then he said when I was ready that I could come out a play with them.

The he gave me a hug and left me to ponder that.

Out of the mouths of babes, my friends.  God sent me an angel in a pint-sized body today.

Labels: