"no matter how bad things get, they can always get worse"

I started writing a whiny post about how exhausted I am and then kept thinking about all the people I know who totally have it worse than me. I know a lot. I wouldn't trade with them for anything.

So instead I'm writing a meditation on small things I am grateful for right now.

pumpernickle bread. I wish my whole house could smell like pumpernickle bread right now. I've been inhaling small pieces all morning.

my daughter twirling around in circles and wearing a feather boa. I can get lost in watching her.

My husband bought me tulips in my favorite colors: orange and yellow. He saw them on sale and knew they were perfect. He was right.

an nice overcast afternoon. Fall really is my favorite season. Nothing like cool air to perk one right up!

Labels: