remember when people blogged?

I vaguely do. Since I no longer have facebook to occupy my time, perhaps I'll get back into the blogosphere. Of course, I feel there's little to write about. It's weird because my stats are still a little up. Who is reading this thing I haven't touched in 6 months?

We've done a ton to the yard. We chopped down the diseased plum tree, built half a rock wall, leveled an extra 10 feet for lawn, and built some raised beds in the back yard for next year's veggies. I've been trying to design our landscape around watering. I have the lawn just big enough that the sprinkler can water it. The rest will be veggies, trees and water-wise plants. Or whatever I can get to grow on the hill.

Hubby's gotten on a self sufficiency kick and has begun stock piling firewood. He's even suggested we get ... chickens. We'll have to see about that.

I am seriously considering taking some language courses just for funsies. So I'm looking into latin or greek. I've always wanted to learn latin and greek. I figure even if the time isn't right for grad school, I can still learn something! I should probably try some religion classes as well. Or horticulture. Can you tell I miss college?

I finished painting baby girl's room, but I have no pictures to show you because that would involve cleaning it. I did the bottom grass green hills with flowers and bugs on top (white background). The boy's room is...in progress still. His is an ocean mural. I got the volcano island done, but the fish are so detailed I never want to paint them. I think I may leave the mural to one wall and paint the rest a solid color.

That's what I'm up to, I guess. I'll try to write more often. I know, famous last words...

Labels: ,