"weekend" syndrome

I can rationalize anything.  It's true.  Remember that one year I did that stuff?  Totally rationalized it.

This is especially true of me with money and weight loss.  I'll spend all week saving money and not eating out and buying crap I don't need, and then the weekend hits and I'm like, "hey, I saved so much money this week.  I can totally afford to go to my favorite restaurant!"  Instant sabotage.  next thing I know I've spent all the money I saved.  Same thing with weight loss.  I'll eat well all week and then the weekend comes and it's time to take a "vacation" from the diet.  Bring on the chips and ice cream!  I gained back all the weight I lost.

With both I end out staying in the same place.  Two steps forward, two steps back.  And I'm getting tired of the view in this spot.  Time to move!

This weekend will be no exception, I'm sure.  I love super bowl Sunday!  I bought hot wings, brats, and various frozen snack foods already.  No chips or  cookies, but I'm sure those will provided by others.  I can't decide if I want to give up eating this food or not.  I love food.  I'm a total hedonist.  It's not easy to give up hedonism.  I guess we'll just see what I decide tomorrow (Go Warner and Cardinals!!!)

I guess my point is, maybe if I'm more aware of this behavior within my own psychology, I can finally stop it.  I just have to want it.  or something.

Labels: , ,