Sunday, November 23, 2008

Towel recycling

I know, you probably expecting a 24 post, but I no longer have tv and, well, season 6 sucked. On to towels....

I have recently come into possession of 10 barely used towels that I don't need for bathing. Because I'm poor and crafty, I want to make cool things with them, but I'm having trouble coming up with ideas. I've thought of making some ghetto curtains to keep the warm air in. I could use some heavy curtains. Or pillows. Soft, fluffy, absorbent pillows. Or stitching them together to make this tipi for the boy. That'd be cool for Christmas.

What does one make with gently used towels?

Make a Bathrobe

10 ideas (but mostly for old towels. I already do that stuff)

Bath Mat

You guys got anything?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I was just going to say you could use them instead of paper towels. I hardly ever use paper towels anymore. I even cut up old, crappy shirts to use in place of them now. Other than that, I've got nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris - I missed you in Church yesterday and hope you have some fun plans for Thanksgiving. As for the towels . . hmm. I put velcro on the ends of a couple towels and got a piece of foam the same size and use it as a washable, absorbant diaper changing pad, or cut them into small squares, serge the ends and use for cleaning rags or dusting rags. You could make a tote bag out of them for trips to the beach or to the swimming pool. Let us know what you decide to use them for.

    ReplyDelete