Friday, July 20, 2007

I love my drugs

Normally I'm very holistic, try the natural approach kind of gal. But lately, the natural approach hasn't worked for me and it's starting to endanger my health apparently. So now I get drugs. Wonderful, blessed drugs. Sure, there's side effects, like sleeping 24 hours/day and horribly dry eyes, but if it means I don't have to vomit blood, I'm okay with that. It's like when I was in labor and vomiting bile and convulsing and everyone was like, "dude, just get the epidural" and I was like, "no, I want to do this natural!" and eventually I got the epidural because, well natural just plain sucked, and then it went from horrendous experience to awesomest experience of my life. You know, natural is still good and has it's place, but sometimes you just suck it up and take the drugs so you stop hating life.

5 comments:

  1. I SO agree! Both western and eastern paradigms have wonderful things to offer. Such a blessing. I'm REALLY glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally believe that. Sure, natural is good. And it's awesome when you can fix things that way. But I also believe that God gave us our intelligence for a reason. And part of that is ever-increasing technology. Which includes medical advances and medications. Listen to your body and give it what it needs. Whether it's a prescription pill to save the day or a Chinese herb to bring your body back into balance.

    Suck it, Tom Cruise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Suck it, Tom Cruise!!"

    You totally made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree. Both east and western medicines completely have their place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're no longer vomiting blood...
    like, ever again. Yikes!!!!!

    I'm very behind on blogs, obviously.

    Really sorry that you still haven't been feeling well...
    glad the drugs are helping so much.

    ReplyDelete