Thursday, May 24, 2007

IKEA

I went yesterday. Twice. I wasn't planning on it, but D took work off for other reasons and we wanted to see my SIL before she left on her road trip tomorrow. So we went. First with my boys and then I told H about it and we went with my niece. I love IKEA because they seem to be the only place that understands the concept of small space living. Since I first discovered IKEA 3 years ago while looking for ideas for living in our 200 sq ft apartment, I have anxiously wanted one nearby to shop at. I've mentally planned trips to Phoenix just to shop at IKEA. When we bought this place a year ago, we knew we could make it work because of some of the ideas from the IKEA website. The last 2 months I've been pouring over the IKEA catalog, remodeling my entire home in my mind: shelving, cabinets, storage and more storage.

So what did I buy yesterday?

Ice cube trays.

Yep. I wanted to buy a computer desk, some shelves, a bunk bed... but I bought ice cube trays. Nice.

11 comments:

  1. Ha! We got some of those ice cube trays when we got married. We love them! So tell me... how did you possibly pass up the Swedish chocolate that lurks near the check outs?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Nothing like going out and buying exactly what you want. I do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ice trays are really cool though! It's not like you aren't going back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our IKEA is an hour away, but I need to go - I love a lot of their things!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ice cube trays? That's awesome.

    Ikea makes me happy. Just the thought of all the cool things they have, and all the random stuff we have in the rental house I live in just makes me smile inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wary of dropping by IKEA until the crowds die down. I had the same policy with Fry's Electronics (which we desperately need here) when I lived in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how it works at other Ikea's but the ones here in Canada NEVER die down. It's constantly packed, but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I drove by the freeway today, it looked worse then Wednesday. Wed night really wasn't that bad. Maybe we'll wait to go back on another weekday though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Ikea... I am so excited we have one now. And not to be TOO punny but those ice trays are COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want an Ikea here. Until we get one, I have to settle for Jysk. It's kind of the same.

    ReplyDelete