I bought new pants

Well, not brand new since most of my pants come from thrift stores (I refuse to pay more than $12 for a pair of jeans), but the point is that I bought new pants because my old ones don't fit anymore.

"Why don't they fit?" you ask? Why, I'll tell you. They don't fit anymore because I lost weight and I had to buy a smaller size. *grin*

Hubby also found these for me at the thrift store:

gazette.jpggazette-3.jpg

He bought volume 2 from a used book store in town. These are some of my favorite books to check out from the library so I was thrilled when he told me he found them (and especially fitting that we got them used). I've been a fan of thrift and anti-consumerism since I took a course in consumer health 4 years ago. I liked the message, but nearly everything I found was written by childless people who keep their high stress high paying job an extra year or two and save everything then retire into a 200 sqft cabin. Fun as that sounds, I'd like to stay near friends and family and be able to have a family. The author of these books is a stay-at-home mom of 6 with an average annual income of around $30,000. In seven years at that income, they managed to save $49,000. Now THAT is someone whose book I'll read. We've set some fun financial goals and we're trying to come up with ways to achieve them without selling out. So in addition to my year round garden, we're baking bread and eating more potatoes and rice. Frugality is pretty enjoyable when you do it as choice with a goal in mind.

On another note, we have caught what appears to be the flu. Well, the boys have. Mom can't get sick, I'm invincible (until they're done). Suckage.

Labels: ,