Monday, November 20, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like springtime

The weather is, well, nice. Breezy. I think we need to move further north. Like, Hammerfest.... I started hanging up my Christmas lights. I start early so I can have it all done by Thanksgiving. I'm one of those obnoxious people that would bypass Thanksgiving all together if it wasn't for the pie. I love pie. But once that's turkey's in my tummy I go right into Christmas season. The nice weather makes it easy to climb my trees and shimmy up raingutters. I could just buy a ladder, but where's the fun in that? Nope, I go old school.

Perhaps some decorative lighting will appease the snow gods and they will grace us with some frozen precipitation. If that doesn't work I bought a bike this weekend so maybe "murphy's law" will kick in.

6 comments:

  1. DON'T DO IT!!! Just don't do ANYTHING until Thanksgiving is over. As SOON as it is over, even Thursday NIGHT if you put them up, you have my blessing.

    But not before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's so cool! Seriously, I'm impressed. Now please... email me some of your lighting tips, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compromise? I wont turn them on til thanksgiving, but I have to get them up before because it will seriously take me 3 days to do it.
    And Laurie, I use screw in hooks to keep my lights straight. I think that's my only tip.... :)
    PS-everyone drive by the mental hospital. Their lights are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very much opposed to anything Christmas before Thanksgiving has passed. When I can see stockings and garland in the aisles before the Halloween candy has been put away, it just cheeses me right off.

    ReplyDelete